- If you are not a Mexican citizen, in order to enter the country you need to obtain a multiple migration form (FMM). They are available at the first port of entry, at the borders.
- Within Baja California, all foreigners that have a valid U.S.A. visa can travel as far as the port city of Ensenada without having to obtain a tourist card, provided the length of the stay does not exceed 72 hours.
- A FMM form is officially required for travel further south or inland for each individual visitor, regardless of age.
- Make sure your form is stamped and authorized by the immigration authority; the FMM is good for a maximum of 180 days. If you need an extension you can request it by contacting the Mexican Immigration Authorities (INAMI) before its expiration.
Although some nationalities are not asked to present their passport upon entry into México, it is recommended to have it available at all times, it will make entry fast and easier.
- It is necessary to have the FMM with you while you remain in México, and turn it in when you leave the country.
- Minors entering the country must be accompanied by his/her parents, or have a notarized letter from absent parents, authorizing them to enter the country.
- If you are not a Mexican citizen and you intend on staying for more than seven (7) days in any region of México. You are required to pay a Non-immigrant Fee (DNI) that currently costs $262.00 pesos (around 22.00 dollars), payable at any Mexican Bank. Visitors arriving by land and staying up to 7 (seven) days are exempted of paying this fee, for any additional information please check with the immigration authorities or with the Baja California State Tourism Secretariat.
For updates on Non-immigrant Fees please visit: www.inami.gob.mx
- BY AIR: for visitors arriving by plane, the Non Immigrant Fee (DNI) is included in the airplane ticket price. For passengers arriving in a non commercial flight, the fee will apply for each entry into our country. It can be paid at any national bank and the form can be submitted at any office of the National Immigration Institute.
- BY SEA: For visitors arriving by sea, the Non Immigrant Fee (DNI) is included in the cruise package price. For passengers arriving in a personal boat or water craft, the fee can be paid at any national bank and the form can be submitted at any office of the National Immigration Institute. The fee applies for each entry into the country.